Sunday, June 15, 2014

Our Daddy

Any man can be a dad, but it takes a special one to be a father.  The dictionary defines father as a paternal protector and provider; two of many characteristics that Garth has.  Watching him with Lena and Levi is so beautiful; at times bringing me to tears.  The love that is exchanged is priceless.  Here are some traits that make Garth a fabulous father:


  • Godly:  He is the spiritual leader in our home.  Setting the example of what a Godly man is.  Lena loves to have her daddy read Bible stories from her children's Bible.
  • Provider:  Garth works a physically demanding job to provide for his family and so I can go to school.  Plus Lena thinks it's pretty awesome that her daddy works at the airport with airplanes.  
  • Fun:  I always knew Garth would be a fun father and he hasn't let me down.  When I hear giggles and squeals coming from another room, I know that there is probably a bed being bounced on, "piggy rides" going on, dancing to music, wrestling and many more ordinary things that Garth turns into fun experiences.  All while Levi sits back and thinks "someday it will be my turn."
  • Love of the outdoors:  Garth has passed his love of the outdoors onto our kids.  Lena loves being outside rain, shine, snow or hail and Levi is very content outdoors.  Garth has taken Lena on several father/daughter hikes and that leaves Lena asking, "I go hiking with my daddy?"  
  • Patience:  He is always so calm and patient with Lena and Levi.  Even when both are screaming at the same time. 
It is also the everyday occurrences that show how loved he is.  Lena anxiously waiting for Garth to come home so she can run outside and scream "Daddy!!"  Levi smiling every time Garth walks in the room.  Lena, when getting her first pair of flip flops, "just like daddy!"  Levi cooing when Garth talks to him.  Lena wanting to take her shirt off because daddy has his off.

I am so proud and blessed to have Garth in my life and on this parenting adventure together. 

Garth, we love you so much.  Thank you for filling our lives with love and laughter.  

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to have your heart blessed with warmth, feel tears streaming down your cheeks, and laugh aloud--all at the same time? Yes...I'm experiencing all of that right now after reading this beautifully-written tribute from Kathy. (Garth, I'm very proud of you for doing so much to make your home such a happy place for Kathy, Lena and Levi!)
    My love to all four of you!
    Vive - Susan

    ReplyDelete